Year 5's Autumn Term Home Learning Gallery
This term, some members of year 5 have clearly been very busy creating fabulous home learning projects! From models of Chichen Itza to recipes for South American foods, Year 5 really have shown their creativity and outstanding knowledge when it comes to their theme.
Home Learning - November Bubble Closure
Good morning Year Five! Please see below for today and tomorrow's home learning. Have a lovely weekend! 😊 Miss Hodges
- English – Learning by Questions main and subordinate clauses quiz. Enter the code g87j into the Learning by Questions website https://www.lbq.org/Login (press connect as a pupil then enter the code and your name). You do not need to complete all the levels just spend about 30 minutes on it.
- Maths – watch the video and answer the questions as you go through https://vimeo.com/475824701.
- Theme/Science – watch the BBC documentary on North America by David Attenborough. Make some notes or a fact file on the interesting facts you discover if you like. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000byxk
- English – complete the main and subordinate clauses worksheet. Remember, main clauses make sense by themselves and the subordinate clauses start with a subordinating conjunction (I SAW A WABUB). See the worksheet below, use the answers to correct your learning.
- PE – complete 30 minutes of activity of your choosing. This can be Zumba, just dance, Joe Wicks, an outdoor walk or anything you’d like! Record it on the ‘Bound for Bejing’ online platform.
- Theme/Science – watch the BBC documentary on South America by David Attenborough. Make some notes or a fact file on the interesting facts you discover if you like. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000b9f8/seven-worlds-one-planet-series-1-3-south-america
- Computing – complete the purple mash work set online.
Good morning Year 5.
I have sent you all an email with a link to a Teams meeting with me at 11am today. I will be available to help you out with the computing lesson. It is the third lesson on coding. I have attached the powerpoint above, so you can have a look. I have set the two activities in your 'to do' box on Purple Mash. Remember to log on to your welearn account and click on emails to find the link to the teams meeting. You can also click on the Purple Mash link to access the 'to do' activities.
Hope to see you at 11am.