Our childcare mission statement
Our childcare services work within the school’s existing community to provide high quality childcare at a reasonable cost within a relaxed but stimulating environment of friendship and creativity. The individuality of each child in our care will be respected and nurtured.
We aim to:
- Offer an inclusive service, accessible to all children in the community.
- Ensure each child feels happy, safe and secure, allowing them to learn and develop freely in a play centred environment.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their actions
- Provide a wide range of resources and equipment which can be used under safe and supervised conditions.
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes and respect for themselves and others, in an environment free from bullying and discrimination.
- Offer a programme of activities which meets the needs of each child, promoting their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development, enabling them to become confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
- Work in partnership with parents to provide high quality play and care.
- Review and evaluate our services to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of children in our care and those of their parents or carers.
- Keep parents and carers informed about changes in the administration of our childcare serivces and to listen and respond to their views and concerns.
- Communicate effectively with parents and carers, and to discuss experiences, progress and any difficulties that may arise.
- Employ experienced, well trained staff and offer them appropriate support.
- Comply with the Children’s Act 1989, the Childcare Act 2006, and all other relevant legislation.
- Work in partnership with the local community and Birmingham Diocese.