Hello Everyone! It's the first of March today and what a lovely sunny springtime weekend we had. I am really looking forward to warmer days and lighter evenings this month. For our daily work symbol this week I have chosen a book because this week, on Thursday, we are celebrating World Book Day.
Here are some interesting book facts for you!
- There are over 900,000 new books written each year.
- 4 books from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series rank in the top 20 best selling children's books of all time.
- The world record for the most expensive book ever sold is a science book: the Codex Leicester, which is Leonardo da Vinci's science diary. It was purchased in 1994 for $30.8 million.
- The first Mr Men book, Mr Tickle, came about when author Roger Hargreaves was asked by his son what a tickle looked like.
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter was rejected many times by different publishers, so she self-published 250 copies. It has now sold 45 million.