Our childcare mission statement
Our childcare services work within the school’s existing community to provide high quality childcare at a reasonable cost within a relaxed but stimulating environment of friendship and creativity. The individuality of each child in our care will be respected and nurtured.
We aim to:
- Offer an inclusive service, accessible to all children in the community.
- Ensure each child feels happy, safe and secure, allowing them to learn and develop freely in a play centred environment.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and their actions
- Provide a wide range of resources and equipment which can be used under safe and supervised conditions.
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes and respect for themselves and others, in an environment free from bullying and discrimination.
- Offer a programme of activities which meets the needs of each child, promoting their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development, enabling them to become confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
- Work in partnership with parents to provide high quality play and care.
- Review and evaluate our services to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of children in our care and those of their parents or carers.
- Keep parents and carers informed about changes in the administration of our childcare serivces and to listen and respond to their views and concerns.
- Communicate effectively with parents and carers, and to discuss experiences, progress and any difficulties that may arise.
- Employ experienced, well trained staff and offer them appropriate support.
- Comply with the Children’s Act 1989, the Childcare Act 2006, and all other relevant legislation.
- Work in partnership with the local community and Birmingham Diocese.
Paying for The Ark
We welcome childcare vouchers from most providers, it's really easy to set up direct payment from your employer to the nursery. For balances due, we invoice on a monthly basis via the ParentPay system with 14 day payment terms. ParentPay makes it easy to keep track of your account and make direct payment to Nursery for your childcare services.