Tanworth in Arden Church of England Primary School and Nursery will continue to give priority for admission to Reception Class to children living within the local government wards of Tanworth and Earlswood. However with effect from September 2014, for children living outside Tanworth or Earlswood but wishing to attend Tanworth School, priority will then be given to those who have attended Tanworth Nursery for at least three sessions per week for the whole academic year before entry to Reception Class.
We know that school admissions can prove stressful for parents and families and so we take and honest and transparent approach to the experience. Whilst we are committed to providing opportunities to all to experience life at our wonderful school, places are naturally limited, and therefore we are duty bound to operate an admissions policy. We hope that your experience is a positive one and look forward to meeting you and your children soon.
The best way to get to know us is to come and visit us and take a personalised your. To arrange yours contact us on 01564 742284 or use the link below:
Applying for a place
To apply for a place at Tanworth School please visit the Warwickshire County Council website (link below)
Please note, Warwickshire County Council manage all aspects of the admissions process against the criteria as laid down in our Admissions Policy. All correspondence regarding application for admissions will therefore be between Warwickshire County Council and the applying family, this includes notification of decision, offers and waiting lists.
Please note: It is essential that during your application process that you disclose all relevant information to Warwickshire County Council to support your application criteria and provide any supporting documentary evidence to the School Office in advance of your application submission.
Criteria judgement will be made on the basis of submitted information only.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA 2018/19
- Children who are “Looked after” by a local authority, or are being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of its social services functions in Section 22(1) of the Children’s Act 1989, and children who were “looked after” by a local authority but ceased to be so for reasons specified.
- Children who live within the Tanworth and Earlswood wards of Stratford District Council.
- Children who are not in category 1 or 2, but who are enrolled at Tanworth Nursery for the defined time, and have a sibling at Tanworth School at the time of entry to the school’s reception class.
- Children who are not in category 1-3 but have a sibling at Tanworth School at the time the applicant child enters the school.
- Children who are not in category 1 – 4 whose parents or legal guardians are applying on faith grounds will be considered on the following basis of priority:
- i) Children who are enrolled at Tanworth Nursery for the defined time, have been baptised, and attend regularly the church of St Mary Magdalene at Tanworth
- ii) Children who are not enrolled at Tanworth Nursery for the defined time, have been baptised, and attend regularly the church of St Mary Magdalene at Tanworth
- iii) Children who are enrolled at Tanworth Nursery for the defined time and whose parent or legal guardian regularly attends a church or faith centre, including a non-Christian faith centre.
- iv) Children who are not enrolled at Tanworth Nursery for the defined time, and whose parent or legal guardian regularly attend a church or faith centre, including a non-Christian faith centre.
6. Children who are not included in categories 1-5 but are enrolled at Tanworth Nursery for the defined time.
7. Children who are not included in categories 1-6.
If you have been informed by Warwickshire County Council that you have not been successful with your application for a reception place in 2018 and you wish to appeal the deccision then please contact the school office in the first instance to inform them of your decision. The school office can be contacted on 01561 742284 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to progress your appeal for a reception place in 2018, please submit a completed version of the Notice of Appeal Against Admission Decision Form
for the attention of Mr Bob Perks, Chair of the Governing Body, to the school address.
For all those wishing to appeal for a reception place in 2017 please note that in order to guarantee an appeal hearing being heard before the summer holidays the appeal forms must be submitted to the school by 22nd May 2018